The Mahone Bay Centre, located in the town’s 101 year-old former school on the hill, is the citizen-run community centre for the town of Mahone Bay and the surrounding area. It offers a variety of services and activities and provides space for groups and individuals to stage their own events.
Our mission is to develop the Mahone Bay Centre for the benefit of the greater community for culture, recreation, life-long learning and community development. We maintain and manage the former Mahone Bay School building to fulfill our mission.
Our Vision is to support and enhance the quality of life, and contribute to the economic and social well-being of Mahone Bay and neighbouring communities.
Our Goals are to support the above mission by:
- being a democratic and open volunteer organization
- offering a place for groups, individuals of all ages and organizations to reach their own goals
- supporting the initiation of programs, services and resources
- fostering the development of programs, services and resources for youth
- being a meeting place open to the whole community